Today's tip is the #1 key to dissolving stress. You can't dissolve stress unless you practice breathing techniques and learn from your mistakes. This quick exercise reminds you daily of the techniques you have in your tool belt, so you'll remember to use them. It also helps you consider how the techniques are working for you and in which situations in your life they are most needed.
Here's the daily check in I recommend doing each morning when you arrive at work (or on your way to work):
Daily Check In
- What was stressful for me yesterday?
- Was I able to notice my stressful thoughts?
- Did I then focus on breathing?
- If so, how did this help the situation?
- If not, do not be hard on yourself – this is a learning process. Instead, suggest to yourself that you will be able to do this today.
How does your daily check in help you manage your stress?
Please post your answer below.
All my best,